HICKMAN AREA READING-TECHNOLOGY & HISTORICAL CENTRE
Books by your favorite authors are available for check out at the Hickman Reading Centre, 115 Locust Street. Evanovich, MaComber, Grafton, Patterson, Baldacci, Coben, Cornwell, Picoult, Roberts … too many to list here.
Hickman Reading Centre, 115 Locust Street, Hickman
Monday - Closed
Tuesday - 1:00-3:00 p.m. and 5:00-7:00 p.m.
Wednesday - 10 a.m. to noon (Preschool story time on 3rd Wednesday of every month)
Thursday - 1:00-3:00 p.m. and 5:00 - 7:00 p.m.
Friday - Closed
Saturday - 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
Books and Videos may be checked out for a period of 3 weeks. Although we do not collect overdue fines, we appreciate the return of materials in a timely fashion so that they are available to all of our Reading Centre Patrons.
Call Doreen at (402) 792-3299 for more information. UPDATED 06.27.2017
Hickman Bookmobile Service
(Click on Schedule Link Below for Hickman Service Times)
Lincoln City Libraries' Bookmobile provides individualized library service to the City of Hickman. The bookmobile focuses service delivery to four main areas:
· County towns and county cities
· Youth with emphasis on children at risk
· Areas in Lincoln not close to existing libraries
The Bookmobile Schedule gives the locations, times and lengths of the Bookmobile stops. The Bookmobile stops every two weeks at its regular locations. (The Bookmobile schedule is provided here as a PDF file, which requires the free Adobe® Acrobat® Reader. Help for viewing PDF files is available.)
The Bookmobile carries about 4,000 titles including books, magazines, large print materials, audiobooks and videos. The Bookmobile staff welcomes requests for items not found on board and can notify you when the item becomes available.
Other Bookmobile Information:
1. Books, audiocassettes, magazines, videos, and juvenile CD-ROMs checked out from the Bookmobile are loaned for a 4 week period. Please bring your library card with you to check out items at the Bookmobile.
2. You may telephone any of the Lincoln City Libraries to request a renewal on items checked out from the Bookmobile.
3. Items borrowed at the Bookmobile may be returned to any Lincoln City Libraries location.
4. Applications for library cards may be made at the Bookmobile, Bennett Martin Public Library or any branch library. Library cards are free to Lincoln and Lancaster County residents and to individuals residing outside of Lancaster County who pay Lancaster County property taxes. A small replacement fee is charged for lost cards.
5. Stay tuned to local radio stations KFOR and KLIN for announcements of cancellations due to inclement weather or emergency mechanical difficulties. If a stop is cancelled, books are automatically renewed.
6. For further information on the Bookmobile, call 402-441-8545.